Thursday, May 14, 2009

Notice anything different?

Lily last weekend:

Lily this weekend:

Sure, her hair is a little crazy in the first picture but at least she has bangs! Last Saturday Lily discovered a scissors in my bathroom and decided the bangs just had to go. This is not her first attempt at cutting her own hair, it is her 3rd! The second attempt, only one month ago ended with a severe scolding and the punishment to cut off her "princess hair" if she tried it again.

Now, this is a pretty severe threat since it is Lily's dream to have long, flowing hair down to the floor. After this hair cut was discovered, Lily compliantly allowed me to cut her hair into a much shorter, more manageable hair cut. Lily rarely does anything compliantly (any chance for some drama works for her) so I knew that she knew that she was in serious trouble. But, it's only hair and it will grow back...as long as she leaves it alone! Now when Lily tells people that I cut her hair, I just smile and say, "Lily started it and I got to finish it". If anyone has any ideas for her bangs, let me know.

1 comment:

  1. LOLOLOL. I love this short bob, very stylish plus it highlights her gorgeous face. As to the bangs, just put a clippy on it. It will eventually grow out.

    ReplyDelete