Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Busy Summer

We have had an incredibly busy summer so far. This is the first morning Harry and I actually slept in (and school has been out for a month!)

Things to be thankful for :
Golf season is OVER.
The yearbook is done.
Harry's first summer class is finished.
My mom is doing well after surgery.
My grandma celebrated her 100th birthday.
The kids are all learning to swim.
Alex can now ride his bike.
We had a great week with my family at the cabins.
My niece is feeling great after emergency surgery (on the same day as my mom's)
Tristan loved Cub Scout camp.
Tristan placed 3rd at the Iron Kid Triathlon.
Alex had a great 7th birthday.
Lily had a great 5th birthday.
I've made 8 batches of strawberry, raspberry or mixed jam from my garden!

June's was a fun month, though, with more fun planned in July.

Things to be prayful for:
My mom was recently diagnosed with uterine cancer and had surgery 3 weeks ago. The results were mixed (surgery went well, the aggressive cancer cells had not spread but less aggressive ones had spread to a few lymph nodes). She will start chemotherapy and radiation soon so any prayers for her would be greatly appreciated.

Lyra's continued speech therapy. It is now looking likely she will need several surgeries in the next couple years to help her speech.

My shin splints! I am supposed to be training for a race and 2 weeks on new shoes left my lower legs in pain!

I'll try to post more pictures from this month later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment